Snell's Covid Policy
COVID-19 Policies and Guidelines
-Group size no larger than 10 per class: Pre-K classes will each have one lead teacher and an aide that will float between classes to assist. The 3’s class will have two staff members present unless attendance is 5 children or lower. Classes will not combine or intermix. The same teachers will be with the same students on a daily basis.
-Social distancing will be reinforced: Children will be spaced apart during circle time and during snack/lunch time with each child having a clearly defined area to sit. One or two children at a time will be spaced apart during arts and crafts or learning activities. Soft items such as dress-up clothes, shared sensory items such as playdough, and group sensory play will be restricted for the time being. We will provide more opportunities for individual play activities such as drawing, puzzles, and individual sensory play.
-Snack/Lunch time: Snacks and lunches must be brought each day in a lunch pail or disposable paper bag labeled with your child’s name. Please pack snacks and lunches with disposable packaging and cutlery only. Full-time parents please remember to pack two (2) snacks for your child. Each child will also need an insulated water bottle for outside as we are unable to use our drinking fountains.
-Cleaning protocols: We will clean and disinfect tables and hard surfaces before and after each use. Frequently touched surface such as doorknobs and light switches will be cleaned throughout the day. Restroom surfaces (toilet seats, handles, faucets, etc.) will be cleaned throughout the day. Toys and manipulatives will be sanitized daily. Classrooms are sanitized daily by staff. Trash will be taken out twice a day.
-Safety procedures: Frequent handwashing by staff and children. Masks will be worn by staff. Staff and children will be screened prior to entry for fever and obvious signs of illness. Handwashing stations are available in all classroom areas and in outside play areas. Hand sanitizer is also available.
-Outside Play: Outside play times will be staggered to keep classroom cohort interactions to a minimum. Frequently touched playground equipment will be wiped down when each group leaves.
-Nap time: Napping mats will be spaced at least 3 feet apart (6 feet if space allows) and alternated head/toe to lessen the spread of germs from coughing or sneezing. Napping mats will be sanitized daily. Blankets must fit into each child’s individual cubby. No pillows or stuffed animals are to be brought to school please.
Drop off and Pick up Procedure:
-Drop off and Pick up Outside Only:
- All adults/parents/guardians must wear a mask when dropping off their child or at any time that they are visiting Snell’s.
- To the best of your ability we request the same parent or designated person drop off and pick up your child every day. If possible, older people such as grandparents or those with serious underlying medical conditions should not pick up children.
- A tablet for touchless sign-in/sign-out will be located at each class entrance. (Please refer to the Touchless Attendance flyer for instructions in posting times.)
- Staggered Drop-off and pick-up will occur at the front and back entrances of our 4s classrooms until 8:30 am on Monday/Wednesday/Friday.
- Drop-off and pick-up for our 3s classroom will take place in the front of Rainbow Room between 8:30 and 8:45 am on Tuesday and Thursday.
- Drop-off and pick-up should be as brief as possible. Parents are encouraged to text, email, or call the school for any extended conversations.
Illness and Health and Safety Procedures:
We ask that families self-screen their child and themselves for signs of illness prior to arriving at the facility. If your child displays any signs of illness such as fever, cough, severe runny nose, eye redness and discharge, etc. PLEASE DO NOT BRING YOUR CHILD TO THE FACILITY.
- Anyone with a temperature of 100.4 F or higher will not be allowed entry.
- Staff must be notified if a child has been given a fever reducing medication in the last 24 hours. The child will not be allowed entry until 24 hours has passed since administering the medication.
- If the child or a family member the child resides with has been in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 they must self-quarantine for 14 days before returning to the facility.
- If a child or a member of the child’s family with whom the child has contact tests positive for COVID-19, we must be notified immediately. The child will not be allowed to return until it is deemed safe to do so. Staff retains the right to refuse entry to any child displaying obvious signs of illness, which include but are not limited to, fever, unexplained rashes, cough, severe runny nose, eye redness or discharge, or extreme fatigue.
*These guidelines have been developed according to guidance provided by the California Department of Social Services for Childcare Facility Licensees and CDC guidance for K-12 schools and Childcare programs.